Last week we were found out what is chai? This week we want to do something more with chai than just drink it, which is a wonderful way to experience chai! In any case, below is a brownie recipe that I modified to make a "chai" brownier recipe. I love it. In the recipe where is says 1/2c chai, I used a 1/2 c of the raw chai blend mix. Something I should have done before just using the chai blend is to take out any cardamom pods or shells. Something I may try in the future is to keep in 1/2c cocoa powder and instead of the greek yogurt perhaps use chai brewed with milk itself. Lots of ways to play around with the recipe. But this is just one attempt. Hope you enjoy it!
Chai brownies made with Greek yogurt
- ¼ c softened unsalted butter
- ¾ c white granulated sugar
- ½ c lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ c Greek yogurt (plain)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ c chai
- 3/4 c flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together butter and sugars until combined
- Mix in the Greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract until combined
- Stir in the chai
- Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder until the batter is moist
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter in 9 inch greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins. Do not over bake.
- Let cook in the pan.
Note: For the chai you can make your own combination of spices or use an already blended Chai tea. However, take out the cardamom unless you like crunch cardamom brownies! ;-)